Monday, March 14, 2011

Hammond Pond 3.14.11

So word was Farley was "less than favorable" due to rain on Saturday night, so proposed day one on the project turned into a great session with Boof and Jamie Dreads at Hammond Pond in Boston. Never been before but always heard it wasn't worth the skin. Turned out to have some fun stuff to play on and even though it was sharp as shit puddingstone, it felt amazing to be outdoors on real rock again.

After warming up on some high ball juggy stuff, Boof led us over to a crazy V5 cave problem. And when I say cave, I mean crawl down into, animal dwelling, home of the hantavirus type cave. But with some sick toe hooks and fancy footwork on top of some gunzy flake moves to a barely there topout, it was a pretty amazing problem. The only problem that I found, other than being out of shape, was that the opening of the cave that you climb out of seemed to be equidistant to the size of my ass so if I so much as straightened by arms I was on the ground. Good motivation to get a thigh-master but did not go at the end of the day.

Boof coming out of the cave
Turned out to be a good session in a new area but still anxious to get out to Farley and start on Pipe Dreams.

At the start

1 comment:

  1. Raff certainly isn't kidding about the cave. At one time I would bet there was a bum or two living in there. :) To further this post. Boof once told me, and I quote, "that is the best V5 I have done in New England."

    ReplyDelete