Monday, May 23, 2011

Top 5 Pick Up Lines/Strategies for the Climbing Gym

Lets be honest, the climbing gym is a place full of attractive folks. You could let this intimidate you (so…many…abs) or you could roll with it. If you choose the latter, this blog post is for you! A handy guide to the best and most effective pick up strategies at the gym.


1. "Can you spot me?"


Translation: can you stop what you're doing and look at my backside right now? This is especially effective when you're getting on a climb that you know you can send easily.


2. "Nice beta on that move, I'm going to try it!"


Translation: I really enjoy watching your muscles while you climb, but I need an excuse to be staring so intently. Alright got it, I can pretend like I am studying your beta. Yeah, thats it.


3. The pen pal strategy


This one has a few steps, but putting in the time up front can pay dividends later. First: set a route or boulder problem. Next: name the problem with a targeted pick up line for your person of interest. Last: hope that they see it and respond favorably. You may laugh, but this method has a proven track record. You know who you are.


4. Take off your shirt


There aren't many places in Boston where you can get away with taking off your shirt in public. At the gym, its totally normal to be like "oh wow I am soooo hot from all this climbing, oops there goes my shirt LOL". This is to be used as the checkmate move at the end of the night.


*Alternate beta. If you've spent the winter feasting on post climbing burritos and beers, you might not be quite ready to show off the goods under the hood. Fortunately, there is another strategy. Just wear zip-off pants and sensually turn them into shorts. Oh yeahhhhh look at my awesome calves. Be sure to make a scene of the unzipping.


5. Post climbing ab workout.


Ending a climbing session with an ab workout can be great from a fitness perspective, and even greater as a pickup strategy. Here's your chance to impress your special someone by proving that you can do more inverted twisted crunches than they can. You could say that ab workouts aren't always competitive, but you would be wrong.


Well, that's about all the advice I have for today. Best of luck out there, ladies and gentlemen and remember: The couple that belays together stays together.

6 comments:

  1. good one, keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number 2 is a good one, i use it all the time, ha ha, not really. But seriously, i do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, that was pretty funny, I enjoyed it. I love how this site is really coming along, great job guys, good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about...that harness looks good on you, but it would look better in a pile on my floor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good one Keith! Makes me think there might be a part 2 to this post sometime down the road...

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice!!! :) I might need to quote these... :)

    ReplyDelete