Monday, December 26, 2011

2012 - Year of the Sweater

With the arrival of the new year, you can't help but think about what the previous year brought. Nobody can, it's just what happens. For me, looking back over the last year I feel a sense of satisfaction knowing that I accomplished so much. Let's recap:

Awesomeness in 2011
  1. Got Married
  2. Had a baby
  3. Trained my ass off (making me realize what is possible and more importantly what is not)
  4. Became addicted to photography
  5. SLTS is going big!
I feel as if with all of these amazing things, 2011 was the year that I truly invested in myself. I am always the type to go minute to minute, day to day without giving much thought of what will happen in the future. This past year I not only started thinking about what was to come, I also became driven and motivated to make the most of it. Getting married and having a beautiful baby boy, Logan, is by far the highlight of my life. Everyday I am blown away by how amazing he is, and it is incredible to think that my wife and I created such an amazing baby. Even when he's crying and throwing up all over me, the thought of bringing him out to the crag, buying him his first pair of shoes, and watching him crush all of my projects with ease is so exciting!


I still plan on training whenever I can, however, with a new baby to take care of it makes it hard to stick to a regiment. With a disappointing finale on Pipe Dreams in October (I may have flailed and cried), I'm excited to get back on the horse, train hard and not only send my nemesis but also get on a lot of other amazing climbs that I've never even touched. There's so much rock out there and I want it all...

With photography I recently invested in myself a bit more by upgrading to a Canon EOS 7D! I am very excited about pushing forward with my photography and how it's going to open up opportunities for me. It's truly become an obsession! I find myself eager to learn much like a junkie in a dark back alley looking for his next fix. It's incredible to look at things with brand new eyes, imagining what it would look like through a lens. Even the most minuscule insignificant pillow can look amazing with the right lighting and perspective.


Finally, Slightly Less Than Sponsored chose to go big! Me and the crew have set our goals for the year which includes video, photos, interviews, travelling and much much more. Our sights are set on production, we're going to interview some of today's rising stars, travel to some of the sickest climbing spots in the country and document everything. We want to make SLTS a hub for the side of climbing that is lost in the wake of all of the madness. With today's elite flashing V15's and putting up grades that 5 years ago were thought to be impossible, our goal is to remind everyone of where we all started...less than sponsored. We hope you all enjoy what we have and we look forward to a great 2012!! Happy new year from the SLTS crew!

Oh and as for the post title, I recently fell back in love with sweaters. Throw one over a tank top and you're ready...for anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment