Sunday, January 1, 2012

With a Bang

My hangover status has finally dropped from brain scrambling to moderately manageable. I sit in a coffee shop ingesting my first bites of the day. My body greets the sandwich like a wolf greets a deer’s throat. It’s only moments until the sandwich becomes all but a memory. I sip my icecoffee, dehydrating myself to a shriveled resemblance of what once was a man. Definitely brought this past year to a close with a bang. Thankfully, with the culmination of 2011 comes an end to the mutilation I put my body through. It is now time to press the pedal to the floor. VRROOOOM.


I am currently writing a piece discussing the perpetual failure I encounter with the implementation of regimented training routines. What better way to lead into it then by discussing my newest plan to beast up a little bit. My current training routine involves climbing when i feel like it. Yes, a fool proof plan, but there certainly must be a better way to improve my climbing skills. I will never commit to any fitness plans without having it in writing. Here’s what I have concocted for myself.



If you are having trouble deciphering my beautiful plan of action here is a synopsis. First and foremost, four days a week climbing (one day bouldering hard, one working on power endurance and finger strength, one working on endurance, and one working on hard lead climbs). There will also be 2 days a week of Yoga, 3 days a week of running, and two days a week of lifting and conditioning. A major focus of this plan will be combating two of my greatest weaknesses; inflexibility and weight.




On top of this plan I am also creating some rules for the new year that will complement the training routine. The list is ever growing but here it is thus far

  1. No alcohol on weekdays and only once on weekends
  2. No sleeping past nine on weekdays
  3. Breakfast and protein shake every morning
  4. one coffee a day
  5. three nalgenes of water per day
  6. Big salad or healthy wrap for lunch every day
  7. NO NANAS PIZZA!
  8. No cheese
  9. no food after 10 pm on weeknights
  10. Downsize dinner


So there we are. Hopefully I stay healthy and I can send 5.13 by 2013 and get some V8’s under my belt. SHABANG!


BooF


2 comments:

  1. If you are looking for running partners, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be careful, I tried 4 days a week climbing focusing on various strengths and over did it. Yoga was on Sundays, no running. I injured myself and am on the mend.

    Which led me to think, can we please have a rice bucket in the new rec room at Metro Rock? There is a big article in last quarter's DPM magazine that talks about increasing strength by giving antagonistic muscles a chance to get strong as well..

    ReplyDelete