Saturday, April 2, 2011

Is this love......that I'm feeling?

Why do I love her? To figure out this vexation I must return to whence our love affair first bloomed. The first spark ignited in 2003, our relationship took off as an unadulterated, pure octane, passion-fest of which I could not survive a day without. Sadly, when I graduated college in 2004, we became estranged, an occurrence brought on by the oblivion of indecision that entered my life. What to do with a degree in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in Spanish? I spent the next year building furniture with my father, opting not to use my degree to become a male lead for a Mexican soap opera. Fortunately, our passion rekindled in 2006, when I moved to Boston on a whim, and came crawling back to my baby begging forgiveness. She welcomed my return with open arms. We became even more serious when I began managing Metrorock in 2006 (after getting fired from Trader Joes, another tale in and of itself). Over the years our bond strengthened, yet the closer we got to one another, the more she'd hurt me. In 2007 she taught me how to be a leader, only to watch me fall hard, far and fast (lesson learned - leading slab = don't fall). The aftermath left me with a foot similar in shape to that of a hobbit and not climbing for four months.

As my fingers grew stronger she decided it was time they cease working. What at first was a painful tinge in my joints eventually left me unable to pull hard for what became a very long year. My body is constantly covered with the gashes and calluses she inflict upon me, leaving my knuckles looking like expired hamburger and my elbows and knees looking like those of a five year old learning to ride a bike. When I fatten up from some lapse of dedication she never lets me live it down, whispering dirty insults into my subconscious. "Hey lard ass, maybe you could hold that crimp if you stopped eating those Sasquatchian portions." During the moments I find myself close to the sought after climax of sending, she rips me away, sending me plummeting to the floor in a flurry of screams and chalk dust. When all is said and done these actions leave her colder than a porch stored winter PBR ("put down the beer faaaahttty"). Yet, like the snow chilled can, I grab on tight, embracing the electrified chill that courses through me. She's my lady, and she does it all in the name of love.

When it's good it's.....Oh Baby!.....RAWR......well you know......if I went into the juicy detail I may adulterate the pure minds of my more proper readers. We will just say its much like every song that the artist formerly known as Prince sang when he was known as Prince. The soul satisfying link we share creates moments of self clarity which are now as essential to my life as both air and water. Her presence cemented into the base of my Maslovian ladder. Through all the blood, sweat, and more blood I have gained so much that I am certain my love for her will burn on till the last flicker of light emits from my life's wick. The moments we share are among the snapshots of my life that I look back upon with the purest satisfaction. The times when I have spent days at odds with her; whispering, yelling, apologizing, bleeding, breathing, cursing, crying; finally to put it all together and join in a glorious culmination. The days spent basking in the sun, forgetting about our current argument and drinking in the potent splendor of the surroundings we are immersed in, thanking Mother Nature for allowing such times to pass. The nighttimes, when I join with friends and drink, gossiping like giddy schoolgirls over the tales of the woes and glories our loves have wrought upon us. The collection of memories such as these gives life meaning and brings welcome peace of mind.

Through her guidance I have been led to landscapes that are eternally etched into my memories. Roaming everywhere from the Dr Suess esque surroundings of Joshua Tree, to Kentucky’s rolling blue grass hills, and North to the thundering coastal beauty of Acadia National Park’s glorious granite shoreline. Through her I have forged friendships that, retrospectively, I could not live this life without. Fellow masochists that would agree with every word I have written thus far. My personal growth, both in body and mind, can be attributed to her guidance. I have learned of the limitations of power and the necessity of grace. Over time I have come to understand the necessity of breathing with purpose and focusing on the moment, both in life and with her. I now appreciate the beauty of the journey rather than my initial focus on completion/success alone. I owe all of this to her. She is the only Lady that has been there for me, no matter how clouded my countenance. When I need to escape from my troubles and woes, she pulls me into her warm embrace and whispers her love into my ear. Thank you climbing, I love you too you b*tch.

No comments:

Post a Comment