Friday, April 29, 2011

Passion over frustration

Why is it that we work so hard to gain strength and stamina, strive to gain better technique and continually push to get better at climbing all to watch it get washed away in such a short time....

I recently had been climbing as hard and as well as I can remember, pushing my limits further than I ever have before. Until only 3 weeks ago when I needed surgery, nothing major, not climbing related, and now I feel weak, heavy and sluggish on the wall. Dejected after my first session back, I caught myself thinking, why do we lose everything we push and strive for in climbing so fast??? I mean, I haven't been out of climbing for all that long I still feel as strong as I did three weeks ago, what has happened in this short time?

I mean, being back on the wall felt great, the mind was willing, the body was not. My climbing trip too The America, is now only a month away, and I feel that I am a long way behind where I want to be before I leave. Four weeks is not that long to gain back everything I have seemed to have lost during my forced time away from the walls.

But It is the passion and excitement of my trip that will make me go back and lug my fat ass out the wall over and over again, trying to get back to where I want to be for when I leave. So begins the month long session that I call the pre trip workout, I want to be climbing well and feel strong on the wall, effortless in my movements. So help me out people, I want to be able to hear Raff willing me up a boulder problem in the Grampians, encouragement for afar...

Plus I want some people to come climb with me in the states... you know you want to have a climbing trip somewhere out west in June. perhaps its Colorado calling your name, Red Rocks, or Bishop... even Smith Rock. come one, come all. hit me up and have some fun.

I love you all and can't wait to climb with you again

No comments:

Post a Comment